PITTSBURGH SAFETY & HEALTH EMS
Currently hiring Emergency Medical Technicians for our Medical Transport Division. This is a W-2 Part-Time, or Casual Position.
Pittsburgh Safety & Health EMS, is the newly formed Ambulance division of Pittsburgh Safety Consultants and is currently looking for Part-Time, and Casual EMT’s to join our growing team. As of right now PSHEMS offers EMS Services at the BLS level throughout the Greater Pittsburgh area. Looking for something different? We are in search of caring individuals who are interested in improving, and revitalizing the ambulance healthcare industry by providing Steller patient care and improving the health and lives of the people we serve.
Current Openings for overnight coverage:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Current PA EMT-B Certification
· CPR/AED Professional Level
· Valid PA Driver’s License
· EMSVO/EVDT/EVOC Certification (preferred, if not, we can train)
· Ability to pass required background checks.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Pay: W-2 Position at $15.00 – $18.00 per hour based on experience
Currently hiring Emergency Medical Technicians, Paramedics, RN’s, PA’s, Athletic Trainers for our Sports & Special Event Standby Division Medical Transport Division. This is a 10-99 Casual Position.
Please note. MUST have your own reliable transportation to and from Special Event worksites. If you do not, Please DO NOT apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that event activities are aligned with PGHSafety/EventMedic PGH goals and strategic plan.
- Deliver on-site BLS level care in accordance with all applicable medical guidelines and protocals.
- Calmly and professionally responds to calls for emergency medical assistance and public safety issues within assigned venue or event area.
- Coordinates and arranges emergent and non-emergent transport for patients to higher level of care.
- Communicate effectively with venue or event staff and other local officials to provide critical information.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures as required to provide appropriate and high-quality patient care.
- Properly generate and submit all required response and patient care documentation.
- Properly maintain all issued uniforms and response gear, and utilize all personal protective equipment.
- Keep current on NREMT and all required state certifications / licenses.
- Monitor and maintain the condition of first aid offices and medical gear, ensuring that all supplies and equipment are in-date and in proper working order.
- Follow all policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with all established report times.
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
- Communicates public health / safety issues to venue staff and internal management.
- MUST have your own reliable transportation to and from Special Event worksites. If you do not, Please DO NOT apply
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- State EMT or Paramedic credential required.
- Applicable State certification(s)
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Accepts Newly Certified EMT’s. Will Train
- 1+ years experience as an EMS provider preferred.
- 911 Experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective customer service skills.
- A working understanding special event operations and customer service
- Demonstrated skill in the successful completion of multiple, simultaneous and rapidly emergent tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies and procedures.
- Ability to write reports and document emergency response activities
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with venue partners and event.
- Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Frequently: Lifting 50 lbs., kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, multiple physical activities performed at the same time.
- Constantly: Mental and situational awareness, hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, walking (inside and outside), pushing, pulling, reaching, sitting, seeing.
- Occasionally: Works alone or with team, inside, confined areas noise other hazardous conditions (human excrement, blood, urine, mucous, tissue).
- Frequently: Works in active event and construction spaces, backstage areas, loading docks and street side event spaces.
- Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face contact, verbal contact with others, works outside shiftwork, extended hours.
- Reading (simple and complex), writing (simple and complex), memorization, analyzing, math skills (simple).
- Frequently: Writing (simple), judgement, reasoning.
- Constantly: Decision making.
Reminder: MUST have your own reliable transportation to and from Special Event worksites. If you do not, Please DO NOT apply
Job Types: Casual
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour Based on Experience and Certification Level
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- BLS Certification
- EMT, Medic Certification